Skip to main content

Featured

May 2024

 May 2024 This card uses SU colors: Parakeet Party, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Lemon Lolly, and Starry Sky.  I used Pinkfresh Stamps and Stencils: Thanks for being there.  Outside sentiment: SU Stylized Birthday.  

Our Little Stamp Group Party

 


This time around, I had us make two Christmas cards and a card using supplies from the July 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Summer Nights!  We started with a Christmas Card.
Follow these steps to make cards similar to ours!

For our first card, we used the Peace and Joy Bundle and Plush Pointsettia Specialty Paper from the newest Stampin' Up! Catalog August to December 2020.

We began with a 5 1⁄2 x 4 1⁄4 card base of Real Red card stock.

Adhere a 5 1⁄4 x 4 piece of Plush Pointsettia Specialty Paper (item #153486) to the card base with strategically placed dots of glue or spray adhesive.  

I don't like how I can see the glue through the paper.  I hear stampin' glue dots will work if we place them under the plush parts of the DSP.  
SET ASIDE.



I found some thin double-sided adhesive that I die cut to the same size as the largest Real Red layer for the die-cut word "Bright."  

We adhered our greenery to the foam and put the Real Red cardstock on top.  I love using double-sided adhesive foam!


The greenery we used was die-cut in Shaded Spruce, and Emerald Envy came from the 2019 Stampin' Up! Catalog "Pretty Pines Thinlits."


We attached the Real Red die cut word "Bright" to the Whisper White layer with glue and then attached the white to the larger red layer with Stampin' Dimensionals. 



I popped a mini Stampin' Dimensional on the back of the words, "MERRY" & "AND" before attaching them to the card.  I tried not to adhere to the plush flocking of the paper.




I CASEd this card from the new August to December 2020 Mini Catalog page 76, but with a different DSP and stamp set.  I used the Snowflake Wishes Bundle (Item #155172) on page 74.

I love the Banners Pick a Punch, but wish I had added the Banner Year Stamp set in my order to get the 10% off of the Bundle (Item #155214.)


We cut one inch and 3/4 inch strips of the beautiful Snowflake Splendor DSP, and one piece from the Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP, and trimmed them with the Banners Pick a Punch.  We glued most of the strips to a 5 1/4 x 4 rectangle of Balmy Blue.  We popped two of the layers with adhesive foam.  To have them all go into the correct position, I numbered the order that we glued the strips down.   Strip number 4 was centered in the remaining space before adding the last two pieces.  



After all the strips of DSP and the sentiment were adhered to, we trimmed off any extra DSP on the right-hand side, before attaching the whole piece to the card base.  The strip with the sentiment is in Pacific Point on Pool Party cardstock.  We added a sentiment to the inside (also in Pacific Point and Pool Party.)

Our last card came from the July 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Summer Nights!  The kit featured ombre postcards to decorate.  

We mounted the ombre postcard that came in the kit on a Petal Pink card base.  I like the feel of the weight of the card more when it is on a cardstock base.  Our sentiment is stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  

The awesome enamel star stickers were included in the kit and are a beautiful touch!


Again you can see that I love to pop things up with adhesive foam.  I used four mini Stampin' Dimensionals with my larger 3M circle.  I finished with sequins, which I have really been obsessed with sequins lately!  


We all had fun and came away excited for the upcoming Christmas Card-Making  Season!  Hope you are too!  

Contact me at brookemoncivais@gmail.com, or check out my online store if you want to make some of what you saw!

Best,
Brooke










Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! For me they take some time and going back. The old catalogs are super helpful when I haven't properly labeled all of my tools.

      Delete
  2. Super tutorial! You make beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! I would like to do more of this, and appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts