Skip to main content

Featured

May 2024

 May 2024 This card uses SU colors: Parakeet Party, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Lemon Lolly, and Starry Sky.  I used Pinkfresh Stamps and Stencils: Thanks for being there.  Outside sentiment: SU Stylized Birthday.  

Our Little Stamp Group Cards July 2020

    
    I have a group that I craft with monthly.  I send them parts, and we create art together via the internet!  It is a lot of fun to see everyone's faces and hear them in real-time.   It found that works best when I take still shots of the steps ahead of time.   I share those on my screen as I narrate the process, and of course, they can see the finished product.  Lots of times, I get a different idea about a card along the way.  That's what happened this month!  These are the cards we made in July.  I love adding a little pop of Magenta Madness to almost everything these days!
Our first card used the Many Medallions Die that I just love! It makes a ton of paper shrapnel, though, so beware!  I have had the Butterfly Gala Stamp set for a while, but have just recently started using it a lot.  For this card, we used Just Jade and Misty Moonlight.  We stamped on a Sweetly Stitched die-cut piece of Whisper White.

We attached our sentiment onto the "Medallion Lace," with glue and then put dimensionals behind the sentiment before attaching that to the card base.  I do really like using foam adhesive sheets to connect something significant and may move away from dimensionals for some things!
Last we added a few Magenta Madness butterflies to embellish.  I like this card because it came together pretty quickly and looks really fancy!
For the pineapple card, I had braided burlap trim that came in the Tropical Oasis Suite from the Jan.-June 2020 Mini Catalog.  This trim gets better when you pull and fray it some.  I wasn't satisfied with the Aloha sentiment contrasted with the background, so I played around with a few alternatives.
I created the itty bitty butterflies and the aloha sentiment by running a strip of cardstock through my "X."  Then I cut the small pieces out of the sticker paper I created. There is no trouble with bits of adhesive between the letters using this method!


I liked the "aloha" on the burlap trim more than without, but I still wasn't completely satisfied.

I like the way this one turned out the best.  I used a punch to put a little DSP behind the die-cut sentiment, and a little on the envelope as well.
For our second card, we used the Butterfly Beauty Dies in Highland Heather and Misty Moonlight.  This die set is where I got those tiny butterflies for the first card!  We used a Purple Posy card base and Playing With Patterns DSP along with a sentiment from the Ornate Thanks stamp set and a little Magenta Madness ribbon.  We used the Delightful Tag Punch and the Banner Triple Punch to make our tag.  We used glue to adhere the butterfly layers together and dimensionals to add them to the card.

I made these cards on my own with the "scraps" and cut the "Love you" with the Love You More Than die set.

I really liked being able to come up with a way to use the scraps I created making these cards.  My current craft space doesn't allow for the drawer space I would like to house my odds and ends in a way to best use them.

This color combination is very pretty. 
After we stamp together, my friends take turns being the host of a monthly party order with me as their demonstrator!  I have started sending a Thank you card to show appreciation for them and for placing an order.  These ones that feature Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, and Gray Granite are the cards I came up with this month, and each one is slightly different of course!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts