Skip to main content

Featured

September 2026 Pink Fresh Studios Challenge

I like to use Neenah 110 lb. (#04456) for my card bases because it is extra thick.  It makes an excellent second layer for die-cut pieces too!   The challenge from Pink Fresh this month is an anything-goes challenge using the colors  Regal Kiss, Soft Lilac, Eucalyptus, Sky Blue, and Sapphire.  I played around with the Gelato on the Go set.  I thought these colors might look good, and I think they do! After I ink-blended, I thought about a quick and easy background.  This old New Horizons SU DSP did an alright job. I tried adding a little more Eucalyptus on this one. Whenever I ink blend a series of cards, they are all a little different.  I am still so new to ink blending, but I feel like it has given me a whole new way to use all of my inks!  Yay! I put all four panels on card bases.  Three went onto black card bases with a white panel for the inside greeting.

Playful Alphabet Dies!


     I have been a delighted Stampin' Up! Shopper for some time. I have stamps sets that never touched ink before they were gone from the current catalogs, though.   Using them with new dies, framlits, and colors helps them feel fresh again!

     I usually start with an idea in mind that I place without any adhesive to see if I like the layout and color scheme.
     When I color pieces to make a special card, I am going through quite a process, so I always make extra pieces that I keep in a binder. I can make a version of the card on the fly if I need to, or I can re-imagine the component pieces for a different card down the road.
     Color the character under the popped version for a significant effect.
     I chose Stampin' Blends to color the images I had inked with a classic Stampin' Pad in Early Espresso. When you try to color an image inked in archival, or alcohol-based ink with alcohol-based markers, the image is distorted by it's being colored in. Use a water-based ink to do the outline image or the coloring in of an alcohol-based image, and you will have great results! I also stamped the confetti over the first layer of animals, and just colored in them in before adding the popped up animals.
     I glued down the first and second layers of DSP in current in color, Cinnamon Cider, and past in color Lovely Lipstick.
     I popped up the animals from the We Must Celebrate set (#145895). I also popped the Ornate Layers Whisper White cardstock layer. I used Stampin' Dimensionals in the regular size.
I am looking forward to trying out the new foam sheets.
     The card really came together when I colored my twine to match the Lovely Lipstick layer with a Stampin' Blend marker. I used Playful Alphabet dies on a tag I made with punches and DSP. I adhered it with Dimensionals and finished the whole thing off with red rhinestones and a Happy Birthday sentiment in Lovely Lipstick inside.

Comments

Popular Posts