Skip to main content

Featured

Father's Day 2026

 I just made a very small batch of Father's Day cards this year, and they didn't make it to this blog until now, so needless to say, I've been slacking in my social media presence aspect of making and getting my papercrafts seen.  I liked the color combination I used for this one.  I pulled a color swatch I thought seemed masculine enough.  Card number 127, if you have the original first two boxes.   I keep mine in number order in a Steri-Lite shoebox-size container on my desk.  Distress Ranger Oxide Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Stampin' Up! Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie.

Playful Alphabet Dies!


     I have been a delighted Stampin' Up! Shopper for some time. I have stamps sets that never touched ink before they were gone from the current catalogs, though.   Using them with new dies, framlits, and colors helps them feel fresh again!

     I usually start with an idea in mind that I place without any adhesive to see if I like the layout and color scheme.
     When I color pieces to make a special card, I am going through quite a process, so I always make extra pieces that I keep in a binder. I can make a version of the card on the fly if I need to, or I can re-imagine the component pieces for a different card down the road.
     Color the character under the popped version for a significant effect.
     I chose Stampin' Blends to color the images I had inked with a classic Stampin' Pad in Early Espresso. When you try to color an image inked in archival, or alcohol-based ink with alcohol-based markers, the image is distorted by it's being colored in. Use a water-based ink to do the outline image or the coloring in of an alcohol-based image, and you will have great results! I also stamped the confetti over the first layer of animals, and just colored in them in before adding the popped up animals.
     I glued down the first and second layers of DSP in current in color, Cinnamon Cider, and past in color Lovely Lipstick.
     I popped up the animals from the We Must Celebrate set (#145895). I also popped the Ornate Layers Whisper White cardstock layer. I used Stampin' Dimensionals in the regular size.
I am looking forward to trying out the new foam sheets.
     The card really came together when I colored my twine to match the Lovely Lipstick layer with a Stampin' Blend marker. I used Playful Alphabet dies on a tag I made with punches and DSP. I adhered it with Dimensionals and finished the whole thing off with red rhinestones and a Happy Birthday sentiment in Lovely Lipstick inside.

Comments

Popular Posts